Almond Horn Cookie recipe

Hi and Happy Holidays,

I have misplaced my recipe which was called Almond Horns. It used a can of almond paste, and who knows what else. You rolled "finger shaped " pieces in egg whites and then into crushed sliced almonds. You baked them and when cooled you dipped the ends in melted chocolate. I’ll have a very dissapointed Mom without them this Christmas.
Hope some can help. Thanks a bunch. Yvonne!!

Hello…

Could someone please send me the recipe for Almond Horn Cookies? Thanks so much!

Jane
IA

Chocolate dipped Almond Horns

makes about 16 cookies
1 can Solo Almond Paste
3 eggs whites
1/2 cup superfine sugar
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/2 cup sliced almonds
5 squares (5 oz) semisweet chocolate, melted and cooked
Preheat oven to 350° F.
Break almond paste into small pieces and place in medium-size bowl or container of food processor. Add egg whites, sugar, and almond extract, and beat with electric mixer or process until mixture is very smooth. Add flour and beat or process until blended.
Spoon almond mixture into pastry bag fitted with 1/2-inch #8 plain tip. Pipe mixture into 5-inch or 6-inch crescents on prepared baking sheets about 11/2 inches apart. Sprinkle with sliced almonds.
Bake 13 to 15 minutes or until edges are golden. Cool on baking sheets on wire racks 2 minutes. Remove from baking sheets and cool completely on racks. Dip ends of cookies in melted chocolate and place on sheet of aluminum foil. Let stand until chocolate is set.

Hope this is what you’re looking for.

Thx I think that is the recipe I had yrs ago.
Genevieve

I recently went to Long Island New York and fell in love with this cookie. I am trying to learn to make them at home.