Amaretto Cream Pudding

Amaretto Cream Pudding
SERVES 6 TO 8

This is just a wonderful blend of semisweet chocolate, amaretti cookies blended with Amaretto liqueur! Makes a fabulous dessert served in individual stemmed glasses or if you want - use this as an exceptional filling in a chocolate pie. I always make sure I use a good-quality chocolate (i.e. Ghiradelli) to make sure this turns out perfect!

4 large egg yolks
1/2 cup sugar
4 cups plus 2 tablespoons cold milk
1/2 cup lightly packed flour
1 cup (7 ounces) finely grated semisweet chocolate
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons (1/4 stick) butter
3 teaspoons Amaretto liqueur
3/4 cup coarsely chopped amaretti cookies
1/2 cup sliced almonds

Place the egg yolks and sugar in a saucepan and mix well with a wire whisk. Add 2 tablespoons of the milk and whisk until smooth. Sift in the flour a little at a time and continue whisking. Add the remaining milk and whisk to blend.

Place the saucepan over medium-low heat and cook the mixture, whisking constantly, until it starts to thicken slightly. Add the chocolate and continue whisking until the mixture reaches the boiling point. Whisk for a minute, taking care not to let the mixture burn, then remove the pan from the heat.

Add the vanilla, butter, and liqueur and blend carefully with a rubber spatula. Cover the mixture with a sheet of buttered waxed paper and let cool about 5 minutes.

Blend in the cookies, and pour the mixture into individual serving dishes or into a decorative serving dish. Cover with buttered waxed paper and refrigerate at least 4 to 6 hours or until set.

Just before serving, sprinkle the sliced almonds over the top

Mangia!!