Another KFC Chicken review.........

Being new here, I have to throw my two cents into the mix. I made Ron’s KFC recipe yesterday and have to say that over a dozen people tried it and everyone thought it was exactly like the original except that it wasn’t as greasy.

An added note here is to let all of you know that many years ago when I got married, my husband was a manager of a KFC store while trying to decide if he wanted to do that or go back in the Navy. We KNOW KFC chicken and we KNOW how it should taste.

I do not have a pressure fryer but got my great results from using our TURKEY FRYER. We were able to make three chickens at once and using a lid, simulated the deep, large fryers that KFC uses. There are many uses for appliances when you need to figure out a way to do something as close as possible as the original way. I urge you all to take a look at the appliances you have and make multiple use of them!

Thank you Ron for a great recipe. My husband loves it as do I!

An added note here is to let all of you know that many years ago when I got married, my husband was a manager of a KFC store while trying to decide if he wanted to do that or go back in the Navy. We KNOW KFC chicken and we KNOW how it should taste.

This is the only KFC in Boston, and probably all of New England, where you can still order your chicken Spicy Crispy. The cole slaw was the best part of the meal.

Hi to all!

if i were to use a normal pressure cooker, carefully, how much oil would i need (1/2 of the vessel ??) & for how long should i keep the lid on ?? do i need to put the weight on ?? or is that unsafe ??
thanks for any help !!
sasrf
14 jul 2011

Please do not use your pressure cooker as a pressure fryer. It is very unsafe! You would be better off just frying it normally than risking a kitchen disaster with your pressure cooker.