3 tablespoons cornstarch
7-1/4 teaspoons Equal® for Recipes
or 24 packets Equal® sweetener
3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon salt
8 cups sliced, cored, peeled, Granny Smith
or other baking apples (about 8 medium)

Equal® sweetener can be substituted with other sweetener products. Nutrition contents might be different from those listed below.

Roll 1/2 the pastry on floured surface into circle 1 inch larger than inverted pie pan. Ease pastry into pan.

Combine cornstarch, Equal® , cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt; sprinkle over apples in large bowl and toss. Arrange apples in pie crust.
Roll remaining pastry into circle large enough to fit top of pie. If desired, cut hearts in pastry with cutters; place pastry on pie, seal edges, trim and flute. Press pastry hearts on pastry. Bake in preheated 425?F oven until pastry is golden and apples are tender, 40 to 50 minutes. Cool on wire rack.

Yield: Makes 8 servings.

Nutritional Information:
Each serving provides: amount per serving
Calories 246
Protein 2 g
Total Carbohydrates 40 g
Total Fat 10 g
Cholesterol 10 mg
Sodium 193 mg
Food Exchanges: 1 fruit, 1-1/2 bread, 2 fat
31% calorie reduction from traditional recipe

B-man :wink:

I love this time of year for the harvesting of apples, so many apple desserts to make. Apple pie is one of my favorites, but in this recipe I’d definitely use real sugar and skip the artificial sweeteners.

I think the recipe is great! I’m sure it’s tasty and healthy. I’ll try to cook it!

Golden delicious apples taste great if they are fresh and crisp. If they are woolly and of poor taste they have probably been in cold storage for too long and won’t make a tasty pie either.