Balsamic Glazed Chicken with Raspberries

Balsamic Glazed Chicken with Raspberries

Serves 4.

Ingredients:

4 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless (about 2 pounds)
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
2 tablespoon butter
1/3 cup Raspberry Balsamic with Lemon (or substitute any of our other flavored balsamic vinegars)
2 shallots minced fine
1/2 cup chicken stock
2 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves, plus additional thyme sprigs for garnishing
1/4 cup crème fraîche
1/2 pint fresh raspberries (or frozen thawed berries)

Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season the chicken with salt and pepper on both sides and add to the skillet, cook 3 minutes per sides until golden brown.

Remove the chicken to a plate and cover with foil.

Add shallots to the pan, reduce heat to medium, cover and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Add the balsamic vinegar to the pan, raise the heat and simmer for 1 minute, reducing the vinegar to a syrup, add the chicken stock and crème fraîche to the pan, whisk and cook 1 minute more.

Return the chicken breasts to the pan, spoon the sauce over the breasts, cover and simmer 5 minutes until the chicken is cooked through.

Add the raspberries and thyme to the pan around the chicken and gently swirl the pan to coat the raspberries with the sauce.

Serve the chicken on warmed plates with sauce and raspberries spooned on top. Garnish each plate with a sprig of thyme.

B-man :smiley:

AAHHHH!!! :shock: :? I almost fell off my chair!! I’ve been looking for this recipe for the past 15 YEARS !! No s*%&. Thank you so much. I had this dish at a 5-star French Restaurant in Ottawa, Canada, in 1988 when the company I worked for brought us there for our Christmas party. The price was $25 a plate and was well worth it. The plate consisted of one small chicken breast with the raspberry sauce, 4 small red roasted potatoes, and 5 snow peas. Not much for the price but worth it! Now all I have to do is find that raspberry balsamic vinegar! :cry: lol I know, I know, the recipe says any balsamic vinegar will do but trust me, it’s the raspberry flavour that makes it. Thanks again!

Hi there partner!
Glad to hear this recipe has finally found it’s way to you. I’ll see if I can’t find a recipe for raspberry vinagrette. If I do I’ll post it and send you a PM. :wink: :wink:

B-man :wink:

Raspberry Coulis

Hi Aline…this is a repost from June 22nd. I’d be tempted to try this over the chicken. When I retrieved the post, I saw that you had in fact asked about this recipe and how one might prepare the chicken. I apologise…I didn’t see the question…and now we seemed to have stumbled across that recipe you were seeking all along. Still trying to find a decent sounding raspberry vinaigrette.

Ingredients:

2 pints fresh raspberries
2 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon lemon juice

Combine the berries, sugar and lemon juice in a food processor or blender. Process until it is smooth. Pass through a wire fine mesh strainer to remove seeds.

Cover and refrigerate until ready for use.

Raspberry Vinaigrette

This recipe is almost too simple to be this good! Tell your friends that you put in years of research to perfect it.

Makes 4 servings

Ingredients:

2 tablespoons raspberry vinegar
2 tablespoons seedless raspberry jam
1/3 cup canola oil

Blend the vinegar and the jam in a covered blender for 10 to 15 seconds, then add the oil in a slow, steady stream. Store in a glass jar in the refrigerator.

RASPBERRY VINAIGRETTE

This recipe comes by way of the “kick’n it up a notch & bam” guy. (Emeril Lagasse)

Ingredients:

3/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
2 tablespoons raspberry vinegar
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/4 cup fresh raspberries

Whisk all the ingredients in a glass bowl to blend. Store in tightly sealed container; refrigerate.