Best. Ice Cream. Ever.

I got an ice cream machine a couple of weeks ago, and have been experimenting hugely with low-fat, low-cal ice creams. I wanted to share this recipe with anybody looking for creamy, wonderful, guilt-free lowfat ice cream. This stuff is SO good you’ll feel like you’re being really bad… but you’re not!! Ice cream maker required (and it’s really worth going out and buying one-- homemade heart-healthy ice cream is so much better (and healthier) than the stuff they sell).

I think I got this from epicurious.

Mocha Chip Gelato

2 tablespoons cornstarch
1/3 cup sugar
2 teaspoons unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tablespoon instant-coffee granules or espresso granules
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 oz fine-quality bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
Special equipment: an ice-cream maker

Stir together 1/4 cup milk and cornstarch.

Whisk together sugar, cocoa, and remaining 1 1/2 cups milk in a small heavy saucepan and bring to a boil over moderate heat, stirring. Whisk in coffee granules. Stir cornstarch mixture again and whisk into coffee mixture. Return to a boil, whisking, then remove from heat.

Add vanilla and half of chocolate to saucepan, stirring.

Set saucepan in a large bowl of ice water to cool, whisking frequently.

Freeze chocolate mixture in ice-cream maker. When nearly frozen, add remaining chocolate and churn until blended. Transfer to an airtight container and store in freezer.

Serve gelato sprinkled with toasted almonds.

I forgot to mention that this can be made with artificial sweetner with no problem-- works great! You can also use sugar-free chocolate.

You’re welcome! I swear, I’ve been making homemade ice cream two-three times a week since I got the ice cream maker. And it’s not even spring. How much of this stuff will I be eating come summer, that’s the important question here. Scary.

Thank you for posting this recipe

Thanks guys for sharing Ice cream recipes with us…

Well that ice cream recipe sounds pretty good. I hope its also good in taste… I haven’t make ice cream at home, this will my first experience and I hope everything will all right. Thanks for sharing the recipe.

Ice cream I normally buy from outside only as it tastes very nice.

This is the tastiest and easiest gelato I have ever made. I did it with mango, but am eager to try the blackberry
Gelato
21/2 cups fresh Blackberries or (2 cups Mango)
1 cup granulated sugar
2 cup Milk
juice of half a lime

Directions

Rinse the blackberries in cold water or (peel and cut up mango into pieces)
Place the fruit, lime juice and the sugar in a food processor and process until liquified.
Add 1 cup of the milk and run the food processor until the mixture is smooth.
Mix the remainder of Milk and fruit mixture in a bowl and mix thoroughly.
Pour the mixture into an ice cream maker and freeze following the manufacturer’s instructions.

The recipe is very simple to see Ivdkeyes.

No Churn Coffee Ice Cream

300 ml  (1 1/4 cups)  double cream
175 grams (6 ounces)  condensed milk
2 tablespoons instant espresso powder
2 tablespoons espresso liqueur

Whisk all the ingredients together until soft peaks form, and you have a cafe-latte-colored airy mixture, and then fill an airtight containers, and freeze for 6 hours or overnight. Serve straight from the freezer.

Luscious!

I love to make ice cream at home and i also love to eat. Thank you for this lovely recipe. I will try to make this recipe today.
urgent care Brooklyn NY
Brooklyn urgent care

thanks for your recipe and please share any cake recipe