Best Mashed Potatoes

My girlfriend says she is going to catch a husband with this recipe!

Best Mashed Potatoes

4 medium yellow potatoes
1/4 c butter
1/4 c milk
1/4 c cream cheese
salt and pepper to taste

Peel and chop potatoes into fourths. Drop into pot of water to cover and cook over medium heat under fork tender. Drain water and add butter, milk, salt and pepper and cream cheese. Mash well with beater until fluffy. You may need to add a little more milk if not fluffy enough. Serve! You will get lots of compliments with these potatoes.

What are “yellow potatoes”? Do you mean yams? Or what? Those golden potatoes that cook up fast???

barb punch at btp234@juno.com

I am asking also, What do you mean by “Yellow” potatoes?

Brenda, Cumberland VA

I believe the yellow potatoes are Yukon Gold potatoes(this may be a regional name for the light golden yellow potato) but any boiling potato works for this recipe. I have made a similar mashed potato and any potato you would use for mashing does work very well.

Yellow potatoes – russet potatoes are fine. Yukon Gold or even red potatoes would also work. Sorry for the confusion!

susie

I also have a “Best Mashed Potatoe” Recipe.I use any type of potato and instead of the cream cheese I use a raw egg with the milk, butter , salt and pepper. It’s a hit every time. The egg makes the potatoes light and fluffy which makes them super easy to reheat in the microwave.No lumps ever!

In my potatoes when I mashe them I use
When I drain the water off the potatoes I leave a little water in to give the pototoes flavor
4 potatoes
1 tablespoon of butter or margine
I put very little milk in. I don’t measure. I count 1-2-3
I put the same very little evaporated milk I count 1-2-3
1 teaspoon of chopped garlic (from the jar) You don’t want to use a lot.
Then I use the electric mixer and whip the potatoes. When you use the electic mixer your potatoes come our creamy and no lumps. After I take a fork, and I just whip them again fast.
Salt and pepper to taste. Let my guests do this themselves.

I have no set measurements

peel and cut into large cubes 4-6 potatoes
cook in salted water
drain, then put a few pats of butter in the pan.
Add drained potatoes
add 3 good tbs sour cream
tsp creamed horseradish
good splash of milk or cream…

blend with electric mixer…
until it is a good constistancy
taste for salt

then eat the best mashed potaties, ever…

Linda In Tennessee