Boiled chicken

Newbie here … i boil chicken breasts (approx 10 lbs at a time) and would like some lo-cal recipes that call for already cooked chicken … usually end up making a couple of soups and a million sandwiches … trying to lose weight: male … age 69 … and weigh 250 … 5’7" height … any info or advice would be helpful !!!

thanks in advance
murphy

Let’s not forget, spicing it up, and using for pizza toppings.
And potpies are really quick and easy.
Yet I wonder…why not buy some small freezer bags a freeze part of that 10lbs. raw, instead of cooking it all at once ?

Yo, Recipe Buddy,

At 69 you’d better be careful of what you do with your physiology since a change in your diet/metabolism may cost you somewhere else. Read this as talk to your care provider about your plan. I would start by adding a little exercise (e.g. sloooow walk a mile for instance - don’t start big). Watch what carbs you are eating. The sandwiches can’t be helping. Noticed that some of the advice included salads which are great ways to use the chicken. Also take a look at what kind and amounts of fat you are including in your diet. Look at non- or low- fat substitutes for some of the foods you like or eat a lot of. Remember it is also about calories. You can have 4000 calories of non-fat milk and still gain weight.

I totally agree about the simmering process. Protein (meat) should never be boiled. It also cooks very quickly. I’m not sure I’d cook 10 lbs at one time. Either buy smaller amounts or wrap & freeze if purchasing on sale & then thaw in frig & simmer.

You can easily shred (using 2 forks) a chicken breast & use it to make whole wheat enchiladas. Find a lo-sodium & lo-calorie enchilada sauce & mix shredded chicken in. Lay on a lo-cal whole wheat tortilla with some fat free cheese, roll, place in a pan with a small amount of sauce on the top. Heat till warm, top with a bit more cheese & serve. Very good.

Use the 100 cal bagels & layer a light pizza or tomato sauce on it, add shredded chicken & fresh mushrooms or other veg, again some Fat free moz cheese & pop in the oven briefly. When cold they can even be transported.

My all time favorite is to flatten a raw chicken breast & grill it outside. Cooks very quickly. Here we have a 35 calorie a slice whole wheat bread. Either toast it or have it plain & add that perfect chicken breast with a small amount of fat free mayo, lettuce & a tomato slice. Change it up & hae just the chicken breast with a few dill pickle slices.

There are so many easy simple things to do with chicken. Yes, soup is great, load it with veggies, you won’t even miss the noodles if the veggies are cooked perfectly. You could even start with some frozen veggies to save time.

Well chicken is very rich in protein, and if its boiled then you don’t need to add oil or any other ingredients to cook it. Chicken is a good source of vitamin B6. This vitamin is known to reduce the risk of heart disease and fats. Boiled chicken is also good in taste and you can eat more then other spicy chicken.