Does anyone have the recipe for Rolo cookies?

This is a request from my grandkids

Rolo Cookies

1 c. butter, softened
1 c. white sugar
1 c. packed brown sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla extract
2-1/4 c. all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking soda
¾ c. unsweetened cocoa powder
1 c. chopped walnuts
1 tbsp. white sugar
48 chocolate-covered caramel candies (Rolo)

Beat butter til creamy. Gradually add sugars, beat well. Add eggs and vanilla, beat well. Combine flour, baking soda and cocoa. Gradually add to butter mixture, beating well. Stir in ½ c. nuts (optional). Cover and chill at least 2 hours.

Preheat oven to 375 F.

Combine remaining ½ c. nuts with the 1 tbsp. sugar. Divide dough into 4 parts. Work with one part at a time leaving the rest in the fridge. Divide each part into 12 pieces. Quickly press each piece of dough around a chocolate-covered caramel. Roll into ball. Dip one side into sugar.

Place sugar-side up 2 inches apart on baking sheets. Bake for 8 minutes. Let cool one minute. Remove to wire rack and cool completely.

Hi swtness, Thanks for getting back to me so quickly.
You have just made two little kids and a grandma very happy. I have enough time to go get the Rolos and make them for the 4th.

Thanks again, JoanieCooks

swtness,
My grandkids and I made these for the 4th and actually doubled the recipe, thinking there would be some left for later…boy were we wrong! These were such a hit. Everyone loved them and wanted the recipe. They were GONE and now we will be making more. Have you ever tried freezing them to have ‘stock on hand’? Let me know.
Thanks again for such a spectacular recipe!!!

JoanieCooks

Joanie…

Not sure if it’s what your after, but check out Page 3 of COOKIES…Ingredient of the day. Haven’t even checked to see if it’s the same recipe…just an FYI…they sound great! Regards,

B-man :smiley: