Does the Government use the Terror Alert for Political Gain?

Please take 20 seconds to register in order to vote in the poll. Use the Register link on the top menu bar to register - no personal information required. If you’re already registered, please log in.

Cast your vote and voice your opinion respectfully :wink:

i think bush is a diaster to our country. i think he is a war nut . he definetly does not have my vote. i am totally for kerry… i dont trust bush at all

That is just plain wrong. It would be nice to see the candidates promoting themselves rather than mud slinging each other. I think that Bush has done, is doing and should continue to make the decisions that he has. I believe that he is making decisions based on the best interests of not only our country but for others as well. In no way is he making this for personal gains.

Bush is a good ol’boy! He may not be the most politically correct or the smartest President we’ve ever had but at least he stands for the same principles that this great country was built upon and people have died to protect. Kerry doesn’t know how to make up his mind and when he does it may change if the wind blows different. No President could morally send men & women to their possible deaths without a great deal of forethought and much personal grief. All of us need to think about the direction this country needs to go in and not be blinded by political affiliations!!

I cannot judge whether Bush knows more than he is telling us. I want our government to keep some “secrets” from us–otherwise the terrorists know what our government is planning. I believe we must get used to terror, just as most of Europe has been forced to do.

I am not particularly happy that we are finding out now that some of this intelligence is several years old…instead of “reacting”, we must begin to plan ahead and be prepared, be on guard.

As the coming weeks toward the election play out, we shall see if Bush is using these “new” threats to his political advantage—if he is, he shall pay (I hope) at the ballot box.

:? I still don’t know what to think! I’m waiting for the debates to make up my mind. Who can we believe? :? :

I think that Bush is doing a very good job for our counrty, just sit and think for a minute what you would do in his shoes. After what happend with 9/11 and all the accusations that they didnt alert the threats that we were recieving well now they are making sure that everyone is alerted with every little piece of information that they get to make sure that these accusations don’t happen again. If you think that you are safe at all times and you don’t want to be alerted about terror threats that occur then go live in a terrorist country and belive me they will not warn you before they blow you or your children up. And if you want an ignorant anti war President who thinks that you can just pay off people and make things all better then by all means vote for Kerry

no Busch does not! He is a darn good president.

No, I don’t feel that he is issuing terror alerts for political reasons. This is the type of thinking the terrorists want us to have, the type thinking that will leave us vulnerable to attacks. Better safe than sorry.

My political leanings are Democrat but, once elected, a President or any other elected official belongs to all of us and has the welfare of the nation to protect.

My hope, as I am sure it is with every citizen, is that this, and every future, alert is a false alarm. But, that whichever candidate, Bush or Kerry will continue to issue these alerts when they and their advisors feel appropriate, lest we get complacent and ignore the information as it seems it was ignored in the past.

Hindsight is 20-20 but we need to put on glasses to improve our vision of the present and future threats. I for one, don’t want to live, or have my daughter, granddaughter and any fuure generations of women to live like the women of Iraq were living!

We need to be fighting this war at home by being watchful, paying attention to what is going on around us and be prepared for the worst, just like the men and women (God Bless and Protect Them) in our armed forces.

Sorry I got carried away! but this my view of the situation. I hope whoever is elected for the next 4 years will pay attention to the recommendations of the 911 panel and continue to protect our country.

Rose Staggs
MamaRose

Absolutley not, our goverment does not have a dictator as far as I know.
Wag the dog was a movie. Remember before we went to Iraq both parties gave there support and trusted the decision. What makes you trust Mr. Kerry what has he done, all we know is he marries well.Trust
the fact that being President is a thankless job. We lost over 5000 friends in NY. We have given billions of dollars in aid all around the world does the world trust us did they come to are aid ?

President Bush is an honorable and trustworthy man. He personally has nothing to gain by the US going to war. I personall don’t believe there is a way to rid the world (win the war) of terrorism, but I am glad our country has the resolve and resources to help smaller countries get rid of opressive bullies who want nothing but their own way.

No Bush is not using the terror alerts for political gain. I think he is doing a great job as President. Our primary concern during this next few months should be electing a President who will provide the best possible national defense. He’s the man for the job.

I think that George Bush is doing a good job. He’s up front with the way that he runs this country and doesn’t hide behind the skirts of anyone. He is the first president that we’ve had in a long time that has the courage to stand up and be a man when it comes to running this country. Everyone else hides behind what they think will get them more votes. I don’t like it when Kerry or anyone else for that matter throws their military record up in our faces like we should vote for them because we OWE them??? Give me a break! I salute all who have served in the military - my husband included, but to use that for political gain is a sad thing to see. Like I said my husband served but just because he did, doesn’t mean that the whole country is indebted to him to the point to make him President! Bush has my vote! :wink:

Absolutely using all this for his own reward…anyone with any intelligence can see that…especially those of us who have nothing to do with the USA except that we are neighbours. It is easy for us to see both sides of the coin, listen to the debates and speeches, assess the activities of both Democrats and Republicans, see Mr. Bush for what he is, and who is backing him and why he is all for war etc. I do hope that all US citizens voting in the coming election will weigh things carefully…thank God we do not have to.

No, I don’t believe he does at all. I believe that President Bush is a man that loves the United States and will do everything in his power to protect us. People love to criticize anything that goes on and tries to write anything in they can…What if he didn’t do anything at all?? then we would hear it. I believe he stands by his beliefs and he isn’t afriad to stand up to anybody for them. I will vote for him again because I believe he is a Godly man that believes in prayer and in God.

Yes, I do believe BUSH uses the Terror Alerts for political gain. Would any OTHER president do the same, tho?! I do believe so.

Your president, Mr. Bush, is backed by the NRA big time…why wouldnt he opt for war etc. More guns used, more ammo used, more money to back him… Wake up and smell the roses, folks!! Listen, really listen to all the rhetoric spewing forth and vote accordingly…do you want more of your young men maimed or killed…vote Bush.

I DO NOT THINK THAT PRESIDENT BUSH IS USING THESE TERRORIST ALERTS TO HIS ADVANTAGE. IN FER.9/11 THEY BLAST HIM FOR NOT SEEING THE TERRORIST THREATS AND NOW THAT THEY ARE ALLOWING THEM TO COME OUT THE PRESS BLASTS HIM FOR THAT. MY NEICE SAW THE 9/11 AND CAME OUT WITH THE IDEA THAT MR. BUSH SENT OUR TROOPS TO IRAQ ALL BY HIMSELF. WHICH IS NOT TRUE BUT WITH THE SLANT FROM THE MOVIE AS WE TOLD HER BEING ONE MAN’S OPINION SHE NEEDED TO DO A LITTLE RESEARCH TO FIND OUT FOR HERSELF THE TRUTH. I THINK MR. BUSH IS DOING A GOOD JOB AND WOULD HATE TO SEE SOMEONE LIKE KERRY AND HIS OWN TRUTH BENDING WIFE IN THE HIGHEST OFFICE IN THE LAND

When Bush was elected, the first thought that came to my mind was, that before the end of his first term, we would be at war with Iraq. I can’t believe that others didn’t see it and are only realizing now that Bush misled us. It was so unbelievably obvious that it saddens me. However, I know people want to trust their President and I wanted to as well.

And, as for this whole flip-flop issue with Kerry, it is ridiculous. Why is he a flip-flop? Becuase he has changed his mind once or twice between the ages of 20 & 60? Give me a break. Doesn’t that show that he has given thought to issues and learned from his mistakes? Or, is it because he voted for the war and then changed his mind? He, as so many others in this country, believed what the President was telling us. So many were fooled, so why us Kerry being criticized for it more than anyone else in this country?

Bush is a dangerous man that has turned the world against us. He acted against Afghanistan, which everyone believed was the right thing to do, but Iraq was personal and I have not doubt that he manipulated all of us.

Absolutely not! Mr. Bush is trying to protect all of us from a terrorist attack. Especially the targeted areas, like N.Y. I plan to vote for Mr.Bush in Nov. I think he is doing an outstanding job as the leader of this great country! I,m so tired of J.Kerry and the Dems bashing our wonderful President, since the day he took office!!