Great Rice Dish

Here’s a quick and delicious rice dish I came up with that goes great with beef, chicken, or pork.

2 bags Success Boil in a Bag Rice (I used the small bags, it should be about 1 1/2 cups total.)
2 TBS butter
1 14 oz can chicken broth
1 tsp dehydrated minced garlic
2 tsp dehydrated minced onions
1 TBS Hidden Valley Ranch Powder (Available at Sam’s Club and most grocery stores)
1 TBS Cheese Sauce Powder (Available at Sam’s Club, or you can rob some from a box of Mac & Cheese :slight_smile: )
2 TBS Emeril’s Essence Seasoning (I have my own spice mixture that I make, but Emeril’s will be close)
your favorite hot sauce, to taste (I use about 2 TBS, but I like things hotter)
6 oz Velveeta cheese (I have also used monterey jack w/jalapenos, and roasted garlic cheddar, both with great success)
1/2 bunch chives, chopped

Place the butter in a sauce pan over medium high heat until melted. Open both bags of rice and pour contents into the pan, and cook, stirring constantly, until lightly browned. Pour in chicken broth. Add dehydrated garlic, dehydrated onions, ranch powder, cheese sauce powder, and Emeril’s seasoning. Stir until well incorporated and reduce heat to low. Cook, uncovered, until the rice has absorbed almost all of the liquid, about 10 to 12 minutes. (Please note that this type of rice is processed differently, and absorbs liquid much quicker than regular rice. If you wish to substitute regular rice for the boil in a bag type, cook with a cover on the pan to ensure it gets fully cooked)

After the rice has absorbed almost all of the liquid, add the hot sauce and stir until incorporated. Then add the cheese and stir until completely melted and blended. Finally stir in the chopped chives and you’re ready to serve! You can also stretch this dish out by adding 1 medium sized bell pepper, chopped, in with the rice when you are sauteeing it. Then, you can add a medium sized can of whole kernel corn to the mixture before adding the hot sauce and cheese, which will give you a more mexican version. Enjoy and as always all feedback is welcome.

Joe Slate