Anyone know the recipe? The best pork chops ever!
Lone Star Pork Chops
4 boneless pork loin chops, 3/4-inch thick
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon fajita seasoning
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
3 tablespoons butter
3/4 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
1 jalapeÃ±o chile, seeded and chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons fajita seasoning
1/4 teaspoon paprika
1 1/2 cups milk
1 1/4 pounds potatoes (about 3 large), sliced
Nonstick cooking spray
- Combine 2 tablespoons flour and 1 teaspoon fajita seasoning in shallow dish. Coat chops on both sides with flour mixture.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cook chops in hot oil in large skillet until lightly brown, turning once. Remove chops.
- For sauce, melt butter in medium saucepan over medium heat. Add onion, bell pepper, jalapeÃ±o chile and garlic; cook until tender.
- Combine 3 tablespoons flour, 2 teaspoons fajita seasoning and paprika in small bowl. Stir flour mixture into vegetable mixture in saucepan. Add milk to vegetable mixture. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly.
- Coat 7x11-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Place half of the potatoes in baking dish. Top with half of the sauce. Repeat layers. Top with pork chops. Cover baking dish with foil. Place baking dish on baking sheet.
- Bake 1 hour. Remove foil. Bake just until potatoes are tender, 15 to 20 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Makes 4 servings.