Looking for Mexican Cheese Dip

Does anyone have a white cheese dip. We have it at a mexican restuarant instead of salsa

I have never had a white cheese dip myself at a mexican restaurant, so I am not sure how it tastes. However I do know that more than likely they are using queso fresco, a white mexican cheese found in most grocery stores (I know they have it at the super Wal-Mart) in the cheese section. To make a cheese dip I would suggest using equal parts queso fresco and montery jack with jalapenos. You can begin by placing about 1/2 cup of whole milk in a pan over low heat and adding the cheese. Stir it occasionally until the cheese has completely melted, and add more milk as neccessary to reach the desired consistency. You may also want to try using chicken broth in place of the milk, as some restaurants use that for a liquid to impart more flavor. Hope this helps!

thank you. I will try it

I have three recipes that might be what you are looking for. I have not tried any of these yet but they all sound good to me.

MB of Michigan

QUESO BLANCO

A white dipping sauce served in many restaurants with chips or hot flour tortillas for dipping. This is a basic recipe that uses ‘Jack’ for the TexMex version and Asadero for the more traditional Mexican version.

1 cup cheese (Monterey Jack or Asadero) shredded fine
4 oz. green chiles
1/4 cup Half & Half
2 tablespoons onion, chopped fine
2 teaspoons ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 serrano pepper, chopped fine (optional)
1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped fine (optional)

Put all ingredients in a double boiler and heat on medium. Cook until melted and well blended, stirring occasionally.

Serve with fresh tostadas or hot flour tortillas.

White Pizza Dip

1 envelope Lipton Recipe Secrets Herb with Garlic Soup Mix
1 (16 ounce) container sour cream
1 cup ricotta cheese
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup chopped pepperoni

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

In a 1-quart casserole, combine soup mix, sour cream, ricotta cheese, 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese and pepperoni. Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese. Bake uncovered 30 minutes or until heated through. Serve, if desired, with sliced Italian or French bread.

White Cheese Sauce

“This is an awesome Monterey Jack sauce that goes great over chicken enchiladas, or used as a dip for chips or Mexican-style appetizers.”

1 cup butter
3 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
1 cup sour cream
2 (4 ounce) cans diced green chilies, drained

Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Reduce heat to medium-low, and stir in shredded cheese until melted. Mix in sour cream and green chilies, and cook, stirring occasionally just until heated through. Do not allow to boil.

they all sound good. the first one sounds more like it. but I am going to try the others…Thank you so much