new a recipe for ribs...

does eny one have a recipe for ribs … :slight_smile:

It is Memorial Day and I’m cooking ribs so thought I’d pass these along. They are done in the oven but are great! I got the recipe from Alton Brown on foodtv.com

2 slabs pork baby back ribs

Dry Rub
8 T light brown sugar, tightly packed
3 T Kosher salt
1 T chili powder
1/2 tsp ground black pepper
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp jalepeno seasoning
1/2 tsp Old Bay seasoning
1/2 tsp rubbed thyme
1/2 tsp onion powder

Braising Liquid
1 cup white whine
2 T white wine vinegar
2 T Worcestershire sauce
1 T honey
2 cloves garlic, chopped

Preheat oven to 250 degrees

In bown, combine all dry rub ingredients and mix well. Place each slab of ribs on a piece of heavy-duty foil, shiny side down. Spring each side of ribs generously with rub and put into meat. Regrigerate the ribs for a minimum of 1 hour.

In microwave container, prepare braising liquid and micro on high for 1 minute.

When ready to cook ribs, place on baking sheet. Open one end of the foil on each slab and pour half of the braising liquid into each foil packet. Tilt the baking sheet in order to equally distribute the braising liquid. Braise the ribs in the oven for 2-1/2 hours.

When done, transfer the braising liquid from the rib packets into a medium saucepan. Bring to a simmer and reduce by half or until thick syrup consistency. Brush the glaze onto the ribs. Place under the broiler just until the glaze caramelizes lightly. Slice the ribs into 2 rib bone portions. Place the remaining hot glaze into a large bowl and toss the rib potions in the glaze.

:smiley: YUM!

first I take the slab and put it in a big pot to this I add one bottle of good BBQ sauce. I prefer Sweet Baby Ray’s or any good ones with a misquite or smoke flaver I add to this about twice as much water as BBQ sauce
some basil, time, bay leaf, several cloves of garlic, 1 Tbls spoon of liquid smoke 1 cup dry wine (white or red) or 1 can beer 1/4-1/2 cup of brown sugar or molasses. Let this cook on slow for apx. 1 hour. I then remove the ribs and either place them which I prefer a smoker for at least 3 hours. You can put them in the oven on a low temperature or on the grill at a low flame. While this is being done turn up the heat on the sauce the ribs were cooking in and cook until reduced and thickened. I then cut the ribs in about 4 ribs each section and dip them back in the sauce and place on the grill until browned or ready. These will fall of the bone so be careful. You can always adjust the sauce to taste if you like it spicer and some crushed pepper be creative.

Let me know how it turns out…everyone will love you