NOT TOO SURE OF WHERE TO POST THIS ONE!

I am not too sure where I should post this one - but here goes:

This is something I like to do a week before Thanksgiving and again before Christmas and as many days as possible between Christmas Day and New Year’s Eve. Believe it or not even 3 to 4 days of this diet and your tummy starts to go down!

I find that this is best way NOT to gain weight during the holidays and - as a matter of fact - if you were to stick to this for 2 weeks straight - you could easily drop a whole size! Others that I have gotten on this also swear by it. You can stay on as long as you want - this is a different kind of “diet” without really being on a diet.

Regardless of the length of time you stay on it - this is the meal plan:

Breakfast: (pick one)

2 slices turkey bacon OR one soft-boiled egg, AND 1/2 c. cereal, 1/4 c. fresh fruit (for the cereal bowl), 1/2 c. skim milk, 1/2 c. pomegranate juice OR grape juice, green tea

OR

1 pkg. instant oatmeal with 1/2 c. skim milk and 1/4 c. fresh fruit (for the cereal bowl), AND one soft-boiled egg, 1/2 c. pomegranate juice OR grape juice, green tea

OR

2 slices turkey bacon OR one soft-boiled egg, one piece fruit; 1/2 c. pomegranate juice OR grape juice, green tea

OR

one egg cooked WITHOUT ANY FATS (use nonstick spray) AND 2 slices Melba toast (of choice) OR 1 rice cake; one piece of fruit, 1/2 c. pomegranate juice OR grape juice, green tea

Cereal choices: Kashi Go Lean, Special K, Puffed Rice, Puffed Wheat, Raisin Bran (if you eat Raisin Bran do not add extra fruit), Bran Flakes, All-Bran

NOTE****I always add 1/4 c. Uncle Sam’s to the 1/2 c. cereal and also 2 T. flaxseed

MID-MORNING SNACK:

6 walnuts and 6 grapes

OR

3 walnuts and 3 olives

NOTE: Walnuts, pecans or almonds can be used. I use large green pimiento-stuffed olives.

LUNCH:

Salad mix (any or all of the following: Iceberg lettuce, red leaf lettuce, green leaf lettuce, Boston lettuce, romaine lettuce, endive, spinach, dandelion greens, green cabbage, purple cabbage; shaved carrot strips–use your veggie peeler for this–purple onions, yellow onions, white onions, green onions, radaccio, celery, cucumbers, green bell pepper, red bell pepper, hot banana pepper, mild banana pepper, etc.) with tomatoes, radishes. Dressing is made with olive oil and fresh squeezed lemon juice; fresh ground black pepper, salt (sparingly), basil and/or Mrs. Dash’s seasonings of choice. If you wish to leave out the salt, then you can use 1 - 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan AND 3 - 4 oz. lean beef, pork, chicken, fish - grilled, baked, pan-fried with cooking spray, use your George Forman grill if desired and season with BBQ rubs, or lemon-pepper, or creole seasoning, or jerk seasoning, etc. AND one piece of fruit; green tea.

OR

Homemade vegetable soup (meat can be used - but no noodles, couscous, barley or rice), with a small salad (same ingredients and dressing as above), AND 1 oz. hard cheese, one piece fruit, green tea.

OR

1 c. bean salad (green, waxed and kidney beans) with dressing as above, AND 3 - 4 oz. of meat as above; one piece of fruit, green tea

MID-AFTERNOON SNACK:

same as mid-morning snack

DINNER:

4 oz. lean meat OR fish, baked, broiled, grilled, or pan-fried with nonstick spray AND 1 c. veggies (broccoli, spinach, green beans, green peas, mixed veggies, corn, beets, etc.) OR one small boiled or baked potato (sorry - no cheese sauces, white sauces, butter, margarine or sour cream) topped with 1/2 c. broccoli), AND salad (as large as you like) and dressing as above, one piece of fruit, green tea

EVENING SNACK:

one piece of fruit

NOTES:

FRESH FRUIT - apples, pears, canteloupe, honeydew, watermelon, kiwi, strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, small banana, fresh pineapple, nectarines, peaches, plums, grapefruit, oranges, grapes - green, red, Concord, etc.

This calls for several cups of green tea to be taken each day - you can drink regular tea or coffee in moderation with skim milk. I like to enjoy a good cup of tea with Sweet n Low - but when I do this - I stay away from artificial sweeteners completely.

I use skim milk - some use 1% or 2%.

There is no butter or fats other than the olive oil allowed in the salad. I have used a bit of olive oil to saute my garlic and fry a very lean piece of meat and this still worked - but I did not do it everyday - so I would say to do it occasionally would be fine.

You are to drink the usual 8 glasses of water during this time - to help flush your system. Add a slice of lemon and/or lime for a bit of taste. Or add a slice of lemon, a slice of lime and a slice of cucumber for a different taste.

As you can see - it’s a very “natural” type diet. I try to stick to oatmeal or Kashi Go Lean. I always add 1/4 c. Uncle Sam’s cereal (flaxseed in the cereal) and sprinkle 2 T. flaxseed on top. When I am on this I buy medium eggs - this way I am still eating the eggs but not large ones. A friend of mine uses eggbeaters and nonstick cooking spray. She also uses a medium-size egg so that she can make an “omelet” using one slice of turkey bacon crumbled in her egg.

When it’s time for me to eat my veggies - I stick to spinach, broccoli, cauliflower, beets, green beans, wax beans and sometimes garbanzos (chick peas.) I stay away from peas and corn and starchy veggies wo that this works best.

At lunch I have substituted water-packed tuna for the meat with a large salad.

Hold up on the salt - try to use as little as possible. And drinking the water- it’s a good flush for the system.

Pomegranate juice is an excellent source of antioxidants and drinking 1/2 c. each morning really does make a difference. After 2 weeks of eating like this your body seems to change - it’s as if the fat cells are all shrinking and the only thing you are doing is eating healthy foods! For those that I have gotten started on this and stayed on it for 2 weeks or more - their bodies lost inches all over - not just the tummy!

I stay away from the melba toast/rice cake meals - it makes this diet work better. Stay away from the breads and crackers. Salads don’t bother me - I can eat salad everyday. By varying the seasonings, I don’t tire of olive oil and fresh lemon juice for salad dressing.

For homemade soup I used lean beef (not soup bones because of the fat that comes out of them) or chicken or turkey, or turkey sausage, bouillon cubes (regular ones - either beef or chicken), celery, onions, carrots, green beans, mushrooms, SMALL dice potatoes (but not many because of the starch). Chunk-cut the veggies (celery, carrots). By watching my salt I can get away with using regular bouillon in soups.

Be sure to finish off each meal with a fresh piece of fruit.

Those that stay on this have been able to dine out - just order a chicken caesar salad and take along a piece of fresh fruit if the restaurant you are going to doesn’t have fresh fruit on the menu. I have even mixed my own dressing at home and taken it in a small bottle in my purse so that I can order my dressing on the side! You can even go to McDonalds and order their chicken caesar salad with the grilled chicken not the breaded chicken (save the salad dressing packet they give you for when you are not on the diet) and also their fruit salad (just don’t eat the cup of dip they give you and if you must - you can cheat by eating the walnuts they give you.)

As you already know - some of my posts can be VERY LONG!! And I am trying not to make this one long. If anyone is interested in doing this and staying on it for longer than a week or two - just let me know - there are more menus for those that want to stay on longer - so that you don’t get bored with it.

Good luck!

Kitchen Witch

this is great…pls refresh my memory what do u mean by "add 1/4 Uncle Sam’s? :frowning:

What I meant was -

I add 1/4 cup of a cereal called “Uncle Sam’s” - it has flaxseed in it and it really helps on this diet.

If you cannot find Uncle Sam’s brand - look for a natural cereal with flaxseed or try a health food store. I buy Uncle Sam’s at Wal Mart - top shelf in the cereal section next to the Kashi Go Lean.

Kitchen Witch