Pistachio Crusted Salmon Filets

Hey Everybody-

I have a killer recipe to share with you… Pistachio Crusted Salmon Filets! I love this recipe for its unapologetic use of store-bought pesto sauce. It’s incredibly easy to make and paired with a veggie or a simple green salad will have dinner on the table in no time. The recipe is from my forthcoming cookbook, Boy Eats World! A Private Chef Cooks Simple Gourmet. For more food and cocktail recipes check out my site at http://www.chefdavidlawrence.com Enjoy!

PISTACHIO CRUSTED SALMON FILETS

I know what you’re thinking. Any recipe with the word “crusted” in the title automatically sounds intimidating, complicated and “chefy.” Relax! Pistachio Crusted Salmon Filets are one of my favorite things to make for dinner parties because they have great stage presence and are ridiculously easy to prepare. With only three ingredients, you can scarcely call this a recipe. I promise you, if you can chop nuts, you can make this dish. Just make sure you don’t pulverize the pistachios, it’s important to walk that fine line between chopped nuts and pistachio dust. I use store bought, prepared pesto because I see no reason to make cooking a laborious chore.

Serves 4

1 cup basil pesto sauce
4 (6 ounce) boneless, skinless salmon filets
1 ½ cups unsalted pistachios, shelled, chopped

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.

Line a sheet pan with parchment paper. Spread pesto sauce over the salmon filets and press chopped pistachios into them to form a crust. Be generous with the pistachios, you want to form a good crust, any excess will just fall onto the baking sheet.

Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, depending on the size of the filets. My idea of the perfect salmon filet is slightly under cooked so you can still see that coraly pink trail running through the middle of the fish.