Searching for a Vinaigrette

Heres one to challenge all of you. My husband and I dined at a Winery and Bisto this past weekend. My salad was a bed of mixed greens, maytag blue cheese, julianned red onions and sliced granny smith apples. The dressing was a Sherry Roasted Beet Vinaigrette dressing. It was the best salad I think I have ever had! Now can anyone try to tell me how to make a Sherry Roasted Beet Vinaigrette dressing? I would be forever grateful. :smiley:
Thanks
Debbie

I know this is not what you are looking for - but I am still looking through my recipes -

Roasted Beet & Goat Cheese Salad with Sherry Walnut Vinaigrette

Sweet meets savory in this stunning salad. Dappled with goat’s cheese and dark red roasted beets, this baby spinach side dish is lightly coated in a sherry walnut vinaigrette. Toasted walnuts add a tasty crunch and a burst of flavor.

Serves 8

* 10 small red beets, rinsed
* 1/2 cup sherry vinegar
* 1 tsp Dijon mustard
* 1/4 tsp agave nectar or honey
* 1 clove garlic, minced
* 1/2 cup walnut oil
* 1/4 cup olive oil
* sea salt and pepper, to taste
* ground black pepper, to taste
* 1 lb baby spinach, roughly chopped
* 5 oz arugula, roughly chopped
* 1/2 cup walnuts, toasted
* 4 oz goat cheese, crumbled

Heat oven to 400°F. Place beets on a piece of aluminum foil on a baking sheet and make a sack out of the foil, sealing tightly. Bake for 40 minutes. Remove from oven and let beets steam in sack for 10 minutes. Undo sack and let cool slightly.

Whisk the vinegar, mustard, agave nectar or honey, and garlic in a small bowl. Slowly whisk in the oils and season with salt and pepper.

After beets have cooled enough to handle, slip off their skins and slice into bite-sized pieces. Mix beets with half of vinaigrette. Mix spinach and arugula with the rest of the vinaigrette and top with beets, walnuts, crumbled goat cheese and serve.

Roasted Beet Vinaigrette

2 whole beets
3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
1 tablespoon dijon mustard
2 tablespoons lemon juice – fresh
1 tablespoon onion – minced
2 tablespoons cilantro – chives, & parsley – minced
1 cup vegetable oil
salt and pepper

Preparation:

Preheat oven to 350F. Wrap each beet in aluminum foil, place in a baking dish, and bake for 45 to 60 minutes, or until tender. Let cool, peel, and cut into pieces. Place the beets and all the remaining ingredients, except the oil, salt, and pepper, in a processor and puree. With the machine running, drizzle the oil into the mixture. Add the salt and pepper. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 weeks.

Aged Sherry Vinaigrette

Ingredients :

2 oz Pasteurized eggs* clean and not cracked
2 oz Aged sherry vinegar
8 oz Canola oil
2 tsp Dijon mustard
1 tsp Sugar

Method :

* In a mixing bowl, whip eggs until slightly frothy. Slowly whisk oil into eggs in a slow steady stream until emulsified. Add remaining ingredients and mix well. Keep refrigerated until ready to use.
* Yield: 1 1/2 cups

Thanks KW! That helps alot! I am going to roast my beets with some olive oil and cooking sherry and salt and pepper. Then I thought I would put it through my food processer with some olive oil and see what happens, you know, play with it a bit. Thanks again! :smiley: