Shrimp in Spicy Garlic Sauce
(makes about 12 servings)
1 1/2 pounds (720 g) peeled and deveined large shrimp
olive oil cooking spray
3 tablespoons (45 ml) olive oil
9 large cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon (5 ml ) crushed dried red chile peppers
1 teaspoon (5 ml) Spanish paprika
2 tablespoons (8 g) minced parsley
- Preheat oven to 450Â°F (230Â°C), Gas Mark 8.
- Rinse shrimps and pat dry with paper towels.
- Lightly coat a large shallow ovenproof casserole with cooking spray. Arrange shrimps in the casserole in a single layer. Lightly coat with cooking spray and drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with garlic, chile peppers, and paprika.
- Bake for 5 minutes, until shrimps are pink and cooked through.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with parsley. Serve warm with toothpicks for spearing the shrimps.
Per 2 to 3 shrimp serving: 92 calories (45% calories from fat), 12 g protein, 4 g total fat (0.6 g saturated fat), 1 g carbohydrates, 0 dietary fiber, 86 mg cholesterol, 85 mg sodium
Diabetic exchanges: 2 lean protein