Sirloin Roast

I’m not one for roast beef, but when I made this, it was absolutely DELICIOUS. I’m still craving it!!!

I had a 2-3 lb sirloin tip roast. Made holes in it with a knife and inserted garlic clove quarters in each hole (about 2-3 cloves). Sprinkle about 1 tsp each of oregano leaves and powdered thyme, and a little pepper all over the roast. Let sit in refrigerator overnight.

In the morning, take roast out of refridgerator and let come to room temperature for at least 30 minutes. In a slow cooker (crockpot), put 1-1/2 cups of beef broth, 1/2 cup medium-bodied red wine, 2 Tbsp of dry onion soup mix. Set to HIGH.

Meanwhile, in a skillet, brown roast on all sides. When all sides are browned, put in crockpot. In the skillet, pour about 1/2 cup beef broth and scrap all the bits in the skillet; pour into crockpot.

Let roast cook in crockpot on HIGH for 1 hour, then cook on LOW for 5-6 hours. Turn roast over halfway through cooking.

When done, let roast rest on platter (covered with foil) for 20-30 minutes to let juices redistribute. Meat is so juicy, tender, and flavourful; you don’t need a knife to cut it - use a fork.

Put the roast broth in saucepan and thicken with a cornstarch/water mixture. Excellent gravy!!!

Hope you enjoy it as much as we did. :smiley: