1 1/4 ounces knox unflavored gelatin
1/4 cup orange juice
10 ounces frozen sliced strawberries in syrup or fresh strawberries, sweetened
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup heavy cream
2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- In medium saucepan sprinkle gelatin over orange juice. Let stand 1 minute to soften.
- Cook mixture over low heat until dissolved completely.
- Remove from heat and stir in the frozen or fresh berries and vanilla until the berries thaw enough to break apart.
- Pour into blender and process until smooth, or use a hand held in the pan until smooth.
- Refrigerate 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl beat the cream with the sugar until stiff peaks form.
- Using a rubber spatula, fold the chilled berry mixture into the whipped cream until well mixed.
- Spoon the mousse into individual goblets.
- Refrigerate until set, about 15 minutes. Serve with a wafer-type cookie on the side and a sprig of mint.