WW: Banana Cream Pie
Banana Cream Pie
8 servings* @ 4 WW pts per.
Prob. less if you use sugar substitute for the sugar*
3/4 cup sugar
1/3 cup flour
1/4 tsp. salt
2 cups skim milk
3 egg whites or eggbeaters
1 tbsp. butter
1 tsp. vanilla
1 9" low fat piecrust
2 bananas, sliced
fat free whipped cream (optional)
fat free chocolate syrup (optional)
- In a medium saucepan combine sugar, flour and salt.
- Stir in 1 cup of milk, mix until smooth. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly until smooth and thickened. Remove from heat.
- In a bowl combine eggbeaters and the remaining cup of milk.
- Slowly add egg mixture to the slightly cooled milk mixture and blend.
- Return saucepan to the heat and bring to a boil, stirring constantly, lower heat and simmer until mixture thickens a bit more.
- Remove from the heat and stir in butter and vanilla.
- While mixture is cooling, spread sliced bananas to the bottom of the piecrust.
- Pour mixture into the piecrust.
- Cool completely and serve topped with fat free whipped topping.
Approximate Nutritional Breakdown:
Per serving: Calories 200, Protein 4.6g, Carbohydrates 42.5g, Fat 2.2g