WW: Beef Burgundy
16 ounces frozen small whole onions, thawed and drained
2 lbs top round steak
1 large onion, sliced
1 clove minced garlic
1/3 cup flour
1 (10.00 ounces) can condensed beef broth, undiluted
1/2 cup red wine
2 tablespoons tomato paste
1/2 teaspoon thyme
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 bay leaf
8 ounces fresh mushrooms
3 cups cooked medium egg noodles
- Trim fat from steak and cut into 1 1/2 inch cubes.
- Heat a large skillet on medium high heat.
- Add steak and saute until browned (about 5 minutes).
- Place in crockpot.
- Put sliced onion and garlic in same unwashed skillet, and coat with cooking spray.
- Saute 5 minutes, or until tender.
- Sprinkle flour on them and cook another minute, stirring occasionally.
- Add broth, wine, and tomato paste, stirring constantly.
- Cook about 1 minute, or until thick.
- Add whole onions, thyme, mushrooms, salt, pepper, and bay leaf.
- Pour into crockpot over beef.
- Cover and cook on high 1 hour.
- Reduce to low and cook an additional4 1/2 hours.
- Discard bay leaf and serve over egg noodles.
- Serving size is a cup beef mixture and 1/2 cup noodles.
8 Weight Watcher Points