Casserole Dish

Does anyone know of a good casserole dish with pork chops or chicken and broccoli? Something quick and easy would be best.

1 pkg. chicken breasts, b-less &s-less, cooked and diced
1 bag of frozen broccoli florets, thawed
3 cups of cooked white or brown rice
1 can of cream of mushroom soup
1/4 cup mayo
1/2 sm. onion
2 cups shred. ched. cheese
1 T garlic powder
salt and pepper to taste
freeze dried onions, or breadcrumbs if you prefer

Saute onions in one Tbs. butter till golden and translucent. Combine all ingredients and transfer to lightly greased (cooking spray works well) 9x13 baking dish. Sprinkle dried onions or crumbs on top, and bake @ 350 degrees for 30 min. or until heated through. Serve with crusty bread and a green salad for a complete meal. Very filling and the only way I can get my kids to eat broccoli!!

Thank you. I will be sure to give it a try. My kids like broccoli and spinach, so that it not a problem :smiley:

Here’s a quick and easy pork chop recipe

PORK CHOPS WITH SAUERKRAUT & BEER

4 pork chops, 1" thick
1/2 c. chopped onion
1 (16 oz.) can sauerkraut, drained
1 tsp. caraway seed (opt.)
1 (12 oz.) can beer

In 8" square dish arrange chops with thickest meaty areas to edge and “tails” to center. Sprinkle evenly with onion. Spread sauerkraut over top. Sprinkle with caraway. Pour beer around chops. Cover dish tightly with plastic wrap, turning back one corner to vent. Microwave at Medium for 35 to 40 minutes, rotating dish 1/2 turn after 17 minutes. Makes 4 servings.

When I made this I didn’t have any sauerkraut so I sliced up a small greenpepper and some fresh mushrooms and added these instead. You may want to try this with thinly sliced potatoes instead of sauerkraut too.

This is not a casserole but a 1-dish meal. (If you like sourcrought)

Season pork chops (to taste) and brown in olive oil. In dutch oven, layer 3-4 cans of sourcrought between a layer of 3 pork chops, beginning w/the sourcrought…let simmer about 30-45 min or till your ready to eat. It makes a great “something different”, and make plenty, as the left-overs are something to look forward to.

Enjoy!
Sharon