Coconut Chocolate Macaroons

Coconut Chocolate Macaroons

2 c. white sugar
½ c. butter or margarine
½ c. milk
½ tsp. vanilla
3 c. oatmeal
5 - 6 tbsp. cocoa (not FRY’s cocoa - doesn’t turn out for some reason)
1 c. coconut

In large pot, mix sugar, butter, milk and vanilla. On medium heat, let mixture come to a foaming boil, that cannot be stirred down and boil for 1 minute (NO LONGER). Time your 1 minute as soon as you start to see bubbles start to form.

Remove from stove; add oatmeal, cocoa and coconut. Mix completely and drop by spoonfuls on waxed paper (work quickly because mixture will harden in the pan). Let stand, until firm.

Yield: about 45 cookies.

You can press your thumb in middle of each macaroon to make a dent and put a red or green cherry in it. Very decorative for the Christmas holidays.

Hi Aline,

These cookies sound great and I love chocolate and coconut together. I don’t know the brand name (?) FRY’s but I assume Hershey’s regular cocoa will work? Well I want to try your recipe soon. Thanks

Hi Noel!

Maybe the FRY brand cocoa is only in Canada. These are really good. I remember having them at Christmas time when I was a child but didn’t get the recipe until a couple of years ago. Looked high and low for it. Hope you enjoy them!

Aline didnt realize i tried 2 of your cookie recipe they both came out great but they really loved these the most the other one was your soft molasses cookies great posting . :lol: for all of you that haven’t tried these i urge you to go ahead and do so 8). p.s. i put a few tablespoons of peanut butter in it as well

I’m so glad you enjoyed them. I never thought about adding peanut butter but will definitely try it next time. You have my daughter’s mouth watering at the mention of adding PB to it LOL As of this second, I have my last batch of b-man’s peanut butter cookies in the oven (very good too). Thanks for your reply :smiley:

I will have to try those (b-man’s ) next all though i think my family is going to ask agian for these as they love coconut anything :lol: . I think you could prob add more peanut butter then i did ,im thinking maybe up to a 1/2 cup , i didn’t this time as i did not want to over power the coconut. but i actually think it would be okay now i tasted them. P.S.
if your family is big on peanut butter cookies you shhould try the peanut butter secret recipe i submitted they are great .

Hi Sky!

If your family loved the macaroons, you should try this next recipe. I couldn’t stop eating them when I tried it the first time LOL

Oh Henry Squares

2 cups Corn Flakes (crush up a little bit)
2 cups Rice Krispies
½ cup unsalted peanuts (halves)
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup corn syrup
1 cup peanut butter

Topping:

1 bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
½ bag butterscotch chips

Melt brown sugar, corn syrup and peanut butter in large saucepan, when everything is well melted, add Rice Krispies, peanuts and Corn Flakes.

Mix well and press down (not too hard but just enough to even it out) in a buttered 9x13 pan.

For topping: melt 1 bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips and ½ bag of butterscotch chips and add on top of cereal mixture. Let it cool then cut in pieces the size you want.