Coleslaw

Does anyone have a recipe for KFC coleslaw?
Thank you!

8 cups very finely chopped cabbage 
1/4 cup shredded carrot 
1/3 cup granulated sugar 
1/2 tsp. salt 
1/8 tsp. ground black pepper 
1/4 cup milk 
1/2 cup mayonnaise 
1/4 cup buttermilk 
1-1/2 TB white vinegar 
2-1/2 TB lemon juice 

Note: the cabbage and carrots are chopped into very fine pieces. 

Combine the sugar, salt, pepper, milk, mayonnaise, buttermilk, vinegar, and lemon juice and beat until smooth. Add the cabbage and carrots. Mix well. 

Cover and refrigerate for at least 2-3 hours before serving. 	

Servings: 10 servings.

KFC coleslaw I used to make the coleslaw at kfc years ago and the management there raved about my creamy coleslaw. Here it is. a shortened version as I made gallons at one time. 8 cups of cabbage shredded 1/4 c. of shredded carrot 1/4 c. of chopped onion set these ingredients aside next blend 1/3 c. sugar 1/2 tsp. salt 1/4tsp. pepper 1/4 c.vegetable oil (I use crisco) and 1/2 c. of Miracle whip ( cannot substitute mayonnaise) 2 tbsp.white vinegar. blend these ingredients well. I put it in a blender and let it whip for at least 20 min. This is the secret to creamy coleslaw! Pour over the cabbage mixture and mix together. Let it set in fridge for a couple of hours and grab yourself a bowl and enjoy

:slight_smile:

I would like to know if anyone knows where I can find the old buns that KFC use to have a long time ago…they were the little square buns they use to have. My husband and I both use to love them way before when we were smaller. Of course he is 7 years younger than I! :lol: Or does anyone know a recipe where I can make them. I would like to find them and buy them somewhere :frowning:

Thanks,

Dawn