Eggs, 3 separated
Granulated Sugar, 6 tbs
Cake Flour, sifted, 3/4 c
Confectioner’s Sugar, 6 tbs
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees, then brush 2 baking sheets with softened butter and line with parchment paper.
- Beat the egg whites with a whisk or electric mixer until stiff peaks form.
- Gradually beat in the granulated sugar and continue beating until stiff peaks form again; the meringue will be glossy and smooth…
- Lightly beat the egg yolks with a fork, and fold into the meringue with a wooden spoon.
- Sift the flour over the mixture and fold in gently.
- Pipe the ladyfingers: Fit the pastry bag with the large plain tip and fill with the ladyfinger batter.
- Pipe strips of batter 5 in. long and 3/4 in. wide diagonally onto the baking sheets, leaving 1 to 2 in. between each strip.
- Sprinkle half the confectioner’s sugar over the ladyfingers; wait 5 minutes and sprinkle with the remaining sugar.
- Holding the parchment paper in place with your thumb, lift one side of the baking sheet and gently tap it on the work surface to remove excess confectioner’s sugar.
- Bake without opening the oven door for 10 min.
- Then, rotate the baking sheet so the ladyfingers color evenly.
- Cook until lightly golden, about 5 more minutes.
- Remove the ladyfingers from the baking sheet with a metal spatula while still hot, and let cool on a rack.