Potato-Spinach Swirl Casserole

I just saw this recipe in my email from Betty Crocker, and it sounds so good I just wanted to share. I don’t know about you but I plan on making it for Thanksgiving. I hope you enjoy it too.

Potato-Spinach Swirl Casserole
Add a new swirl to serving side dishes, and discover a tasty way to sneak in a green veggie.

1 cup hot water
1 can (18 ounces) Progresso® creamy mushroom soup
2 tablespoons margarine or butter
1/2 package (7.2-ounce size) Betty Crocker® homestyle creamy butter mashed potatoes, (1 pouch Potatoes and Seasoning)
1/2 cup sour cream
1 package (9 ounces) Green Giant® frozen spinach, made as directed on package and very well drained
1 1/3 cups Cheddar or original French fried onions

1.  Heat oven to 350°F. Heat hot water, 1/2 cup of the soup and the margarine to a rapid boil in 2-quart saucepan. Remove from heat. Stir in 1 pouch Potatoes and Seasoning and sour cream just until moistened. Let stand about 1 minute or until liquid is absorbed. Whip with fork until smooth.

2.  Stir together spinach, remaining soup and half of the onions. Alternately spoon heaping tablespoonfuls potato mixture and spinach mixture into ungreased 1 1/2-quart casserole. Run table knife through spinach and potatoes to swirl slightly.

3.  Bake uncovered 20 to 25 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Top with remaining onions. Bake about 5 minutes longer or until onions are golden brown.