Savory Cheese Chive Waffles

Savory Cheese Chive Waffles

A few thoughts, notes and tips:
I used egg, but you might be able to omit this ingredient if you’re egg intolerant. I haven’t tried this recipe without it because I wanted to make sure the cheese didn’t cook and stick to the waffle iron.
Don’t like cauliflower? Use well drained, shredded zucchini instead!
You can save some fat by using skim Mozzarella. The waffle maker should essentially be non-stick when heated properly, so you shouldn’t need any added fat there.
Be sure to allow the waffle iron to do its thing. In other words, stop checking the thing every 30 seconds while it’s cooking. If you mess with its perfection while it’s trying to do it’s job, you’re going to have a mess. Set the timer and walk away. Go on. Away. I see you hovering over there…
Always make sure to allow your iron to fully heat before you add batter. Cold waffle irons take time to heat, so if you add the ‘dough’ while it’s still heating, you’ll end up with either an overcooked hockey puck, or the blob from outer space.
The waffles stick ever so slightly, but that’s only because they’ve stringently adhered to the waffle iron. Just gently coax with a fork (careful to not scratch your non-stick surface or hurt yourself) and loosen.
This recipe is Atkins induction friendly, gluten free, sugar free, vegetarian friendly and 2.2 net carbs per ample waffle.

1 cup processed, raw cauliflower (should resemble coarse crumbs)
1 cup processed mozzarella shredded cheese
1/3 cup Parmesan cheese/shredded
2 eggs
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp pepper
1 Tbsp chives
fresh parsley, optional
sun-dried tomatoes, optional
Heat waffle maker until ready. Add scant 1/4 cups filled with batter on the griddle. Set the timer for 4-6 minutes, peeking after minute four. If the waffle maker sticks, let cook slightly longer. Remove once cooked. allow to cool on a plate. Refrigerate remaining.
Makes 6 waffles.
Nutritional Information per waffle: Calories: 135, Carbohydrates: 3g, Fiber: .8g, Net Carbohydrates: 2.2g, Protein: 11.7g, Fat: 8.5g[/SIZE]