Something Missing

There is no Concise Introduction to the Language of the Chefs necessary to give all readers of the post the necessary background information.

I am well versed with Indian & Asian Cooking if I use words like tadaka or rabdi your readers will not understand.

The smoking point of different oils, it is essential to know as it can spoil a good dish as of now I know only coconut oil is best for this type of cooking but how many can palate the taste of coconut oil.

Chilli powder are not red in colour but slightly off red, if it is redder in colour it should be checked for food colour additive called SUDAN which is harmful to the health. Remember smaller the chilli the more pungent it will be, Khasmiri Chilli 3 - 4 inches long are mild to Asian palate but deadly to westerns.

All Indian spice have to be heated on a frying pan that is hot but will not smoke when the spices are added to it, yes even the onions, garlic & ginger but not the fresh herbs before blending it with the dish you are preparing.

I am preparing a list of Asian, French, American cookery lingo so readers can see and know what it means, it is a list I know but your more knowledgeable chefs can enligthen more and arranged by the moderators

Regards

NRG

Good point. That would be helpful.

When listing an ingredient, such as butter, especially in a baking receipe, it should be noted whether or not the butter is salted or unsalted. Many receipes are affected by adding salted butter when it should be unsalted.

I agree with the idea that when placing or using a possibly unfamiliar term or name of an ingrediant in a receipe, that it should be explained. Many folks out there are not familiar with Asian and Indian, as well as other countries spices and ingrediants, so an explanation as to what it/they are would be helpful. :slight_smile:

The recipe for the Cheesecake Factories Bleu Cheese dressing is soooo not even close. Who puts vegetable oil in bleu cheese dressing?