Tofu Green Bean Curry

Here is my favorite heart healthy recipe,

Green beans - 125g
Tofu - 200g (firm tofu recommended)
Mushrooms - 6 to 8 (sliced)
Green onions - 2 (cut into 1cm sections)
Curry paste - 1 tbsp
Light soy sauce - 1 tbsp
Coconut milk - 1 to 1 1/2 cup (or skimmed milk)
Sugar - 2 teaspoon
Fresh red chilies - 3 (diced)
Salt - add to taste

* Heat the coconut milk in a pot until it starts to separate. Then add in the curry paste, soy sauce, red chilies, sugar, and salt. Mix well.
* Add in the mushrooms and tofu, and bring to a boil.
* Add in the green beans, and let it simmer until the beans are cooked. Add in the green onions. Cook for a minute or so, and serve.

This healthy recipe for the heart has only 0.5grams of saturated fat, and no cholesterol per serving!

Hi,
Instead of using Coconut Milk, I suggest you to use skinny milk, as it is healthier than coconut milk. Since the fat level of coconut milk is much more higher than skinny milk. You can add in more spices to get the fragrant smell of coconut milk.

Cheers.:wink:

Kasma Loha-unchit, Julia Child award winning Thai cookbook author writes:
“If you are concerned about the saturated fat content in coconut milk, know that this saturated fat has been shown in many independent studies to be a good saturated fat, easily metabolized to give your body quick energy. Contrary to popular myth, it does not transform into bad cholesterol to clog up arteries. In fact, cultures around the world that depend on coconut as their main source of fat have been found to be free of heart disease. The principle fatty acid in coconut milk is lauric acid, which is the same fat found in abundance in mother’s milk and is known to promote normal brain development and contribute to healthy bones. It also has important anti-carcinogenic and anti-pathogenic properties and is less likely to cause weight gain than polyunsaturated oils.”

Thank you Ivdkeyes for this wonderful information. I am asian and we have alot of dishes cook in coconut milk but I have been avoiding eating dishes cook in coconut milk mostly because of ignorance.

Yum … this sounds good. I’m going to try it! Thanks for sharing :slight_smile:

Recipes with coconut milk are always healthy and tasty. I love this recipes with coconut oil and coconut milk. Infact, everything in coconut makes a good diet.

I forgot to mention that this recipe is very tasty and I have tried it just now with my family.

Oooohhhh… This sounds really delicious! Now, I’m really craving for that recipe. Anyway, thanks for sharing this. I’ll probably try to make it at home. :slight_smile:

i have also read in several places that coconut milk is good for you and coconut oil is one of the best for cooking with much better than most vegtable oils.

I really like your way of expressing the opinion and sharing the information.